Important update for Abbeyleix tennis club from 18th May. Please read in full.
* The key message is that our right to play tennis does not outweigh the government directive.
* To access the courts in this phase of the reopening, a player must:
– Be a current member.
– One parent/guardian must accompany any player under 18 years.
– Not have been out of the country in the last
– Not have been around someone with
symptoms of Covid-19 in the last 14 days.
– Not be in a period of self-isolation and/or
cocooning under the current Health Policy
– Not be displaying COVID-19 symptoms.
– LIVE WITHIN 5KM RADIUS OF THE CLUB.
– Have a pre-reserved playing time booked online.
– Be under 70 years of Age.
* Only people who have booked a court online can play. This is important to log all players to ensure contact tracing in the event of a member who played becoming unwell.
* Clubhouse to remain closed at all times, including toilets.
* No lights will be available due to above. All play to finish by 9pm
* Vikki Byrne is nominated as C-19 officer.
* Online booking for each court will be staggered by 15 minutes – for example – if Court 1 is booked between 9-10, court 1 cannot be booked again until 10.15. This will ensure courts are vacated before next booking.
* All players must be listed on the online booking system. Any player not listed on the booking will be asked to leave.
* Sanitisation of gate will be completed as required.
* Members are asked to minimise touching common points..gate, all fob areas, handles, nets etc.
* You should use your foot to push open and close the Security gate after using your fob. Do not touch the gate pr fob system with your hands. Instructions to follow by video.
* Permanent sanitation stations will be fixed to wall, pending delivery by suppliers.
* It is your responsibility to bring your own sanitiser. You should sanitise your hands during play and before you enter and after you leave the courts.
* Players to bring all items with them also – water, balls.
* Players should arrive only a few minutes before play, play for designated time and leave before next players arrive.
* Singles only. No doubles unless the doubles pair are from the same household.
* Anyone found breaching rules will not be permitted to play further.
* All Player protocols issued by Tennis Ireland will need to fully adhered to (see attached).
* Children can only use courts until 7pm under adult supervision (unless courts are free and not in use by adults after 7pm)
* All members need to “opt in” to the protocols prior to resuming play. If you agree to adhere to the rules and are eligible to play, please text ‘opt in’ by reply to this number, along with confirmation of your Eircode and your fob number. Your fob will then be reactivated assuming you are eligible. Please do not embarrass us by having to check your address on your membership form, or seek proof of same.
Regarding membership, it is proposed that membership will run from 1st June (for those returning on 18th May) or from 1st July (for those returning on or after 8th June) until end of January 21. Membership year will then run from 1st February to 1st February each year.
* Rates for membership to be issued shortly.
* The above will depend on Govt directives in the meantime and will remain under review by the committee.
ATC Committee .
- Abbeyleix Tennis Club open week
- Introducing our new Chairperson